With all the toxicity in the world today, all of our bodies need a break from time to time – a fresh start to re-energize and embark upon a healthier path. AmaTierra offers 5-night and 7-night detox programs for those seeking to cleanse and purify in a safe way, guided by a certified natural health professional in a serene and beautiful environment.
AmaTierra’s quiet rainforest environment offers the ideal setting for rejuvenation and restoration. The sounds of nature instill the ambiance around you with a calm serenity to disentangle any stress in your mind, allowing you to cleanse your entire being.
Our Detox Philosophy
AmaTierra approaches detox with the mentality that different people require different types of cleansing with respect to their unique bodies and respective lifestyles. Call it different strokes for different folks. We cater your detox program to suit your body type, physical constitution, lifestyle and diet.
Some people do well with juice fasting, while others need more nutritional support, for example. Some may need a focus on liver cleansing, others on the colon or kidneys. Registered AHG Herbalist, AmaTierra Owner and Wellness Director Jill Ruttenberg works with you personally to guide you through your detox program. You’ll feel safe and nurtured, knowing that your program is specifically designed for you.
The body does not exist separate from our thoughts, emotions and spiritual state of being. Feeling supported in a serene environment conducive for contemplation and rejuvenation of your whole Self is very important when cleansing. AmaTierra’s tropical rainforest setting, emanating “Beloved Earth” energy with all the life, sounds and sights of nature, provides the ideal atmosphere for you to unravel layers of stress from the inside-out. Following your detox program, you will re-enter your life at home knowing a more relaxed and clear-minded version of your True Self.
For a deeper understanding of our holistic, personalized detox philosophy and learn the type of detoxing that may be best for you, read this article written by Jill Ruttenberg, Registered Herbalist & Nutritionist, AmaTierra Owner & Wellness Director.
Key Elements of AmaTierra’s Detox Program:
- Initial Private Consultation and Daily Check-in with Registered Herbalist/Nutritionist Jill Ruttenberg or other Qualified Health Professional
- Fresh, Organic Raw Foods & Juices
- Herbal Teas and Cleansing Drinks for Whole Body Cleansing
- Daily Gentle Yoga and Meditation Classes
- Sound Meditation Session to Balance the Chakras
Additional Wellness Treatments and Body Therapies, including:
- Relaxing One-Hour Full Body Massage by AmaTierra Spa & Wellness Professional
- Optional Enemas (e.g. lemon juice or coffee) with step-by-step instructions
- Aromatherapy Baths using Pure, Organic DoTerra Essential Oils
- Skin Brushing (Did you know your skin is the largest detox organ in the body?)
- Unlimited Use of the BioMat to move toxins through the lymph system, increase circulation and soothe nerves, joints and muscles.
Optional Therapies & Activities:
- Counseling Sessions with Licensed Professional Therapists
- Clay Wraps and/or Exfoliation
- Massage & Wellness Services
- Nutritional Consultation
- Aromatherapy Baths using Pure Organic DoTerra Essential Oils
- A Beach Day, Waterfall Visit, Rainforest Exploration or Zipline Tour
- Spirit of the Horse Reflection Day at Sweet Prince Ranch
Standard Personalized Detox Program Includes:
- 5 or 7 nights lodging in a spacious, comfortable suite with private bath
- All juices, herbal detox teas and meals made with local and organic ingredients
- Initial consultation and daily check-ins with a qualified health professional
- Daily yoga class and meditation
- A relaxing one-hour full body massage by AmaTierra Spa & Wellness professional
- Scheduled use of Biomat (unlimited)
How to get started on your way to a Cleaner, Clearer Self
First, think about what you really want to achieve from a detox, and be sure you are doing it to enhance your health, rid your body of accumulated toxins and make a new start toward healthier living. Detoxing is not a healthy way to lose weight, as lasting weight loss requires diligence and lifestyle changes; however, our program can help jumpstart this kind of meaningful change in your life.
Second, inquire about availability for the time you would like to come. Individual Detox is offered at AmaTierra all year long with the exception of the month of October and peak high-season dates December 20 through January 3. Scheduled detox retreats are offered from time to time for you to join a group of others committed to detoxing the right way (see our retreat calendar to find a detox week that works with your schedule).
Upon booking, we will send you a questionnaire for you to fill out and return to us, after which you will receive suggestions on preparing for your detox program.
From all of us at AmaTierra, we applaud you for taking health matters into your own hands and having the desire to make a change that will improve your quality of life for years to come.
All-Inclusive Detox Program Price:
All hotel taxes included (13%). Rates good through 2021.
*Transportation is not included in this price. We are happy to arrange private transportation for an additional cost.
As a seasoned retreater, Costa Rica was further afield than usual for a detox. But so, so worth it. The owners Jill and Bob cannot do enough to support you in every way through the detox process. The retreat is heaven – hidden away from the masses, high up in the jungle, surrounded by the mind-blowing scenery and nature. The yoga studio is the highlight with breathtaking views. Jill’s knowledge and experience is second to none. The staff could not be friendlier. The organic food was nourishing and nurturing and the treatments outstanding. With time to do excursions to waterfalls, a rainforest trek and a zip-lining adventure through the canopy of the rainforest all organised by Bob, I didn’t want to leave but came back feeling transformed with a new lease of life. Can’t wait to return!
I arrived at AmaTierra feeling like a physical wreck. A mere seven days later I felt better than I had for years. I was literally rejuvenated. I did the detox package (mainly because I wanted to give up smoking) but the experience was so very much more. I could wander round the grounds watching toucans, humming birds and butterflies. I could do yoga or meditate in the extraordinary yoga space, with its views to the hills. (Also good for birdwatching). I ate delicious, organic, healthy-but-sinful-tasting meals on the terrace, watched by iguanas. I had amazing wellness treatments. I was made to feel not like a mere guest, but like a (slightly eccentric) member of the family. And I’m still not smoking, am not tempted to smoke, and I still feel the warm glow of AmaTierra.
Larallie – Gouex, France